Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Our 1st anniversary

Photobucket
It's hard to believe that one year has passed us by already. What a blessing it has been. Bryan found a job working on an organic farm and we moved into our first place together. I am continually amazed at the man I married. Always full of joy and always full of grace.

People are right when they say that the first year is the hardest. It is hard. You put a lot of work in, but you also receive so much in return. Our skills in communication, forgiveness, celebration, and patience have been fine tuned with the grace of God.

This year has been a year of laying the foundation for the years to come.
It is worth the work.

My dearest husband,
You amaze me. I can't believe that after knowing you for six years, I am still learning more and more about the depth of your heart. You have protected me and given me a safe place to lay my head each night because of the hard work you do out on the farm. I have so much pride in telling people that you are a farmer because to steward the land, to work hard, and to give to the community is something to be praised. You have a servants heart: continually loving on me, our friends, our family, and our community. You are always the first to volunteer your time, your heart, and your skills. These things I knew before I married you, but what I didn't know was the depth to which these stand. They are all constants. Something I cannot say about myself, but I am truly grateful of the example you have been to me.

Love,
Sam

0 comments: